The Ukrainian government supported the expansion of our powers from September 1, 2023. These powers will be transferred to the team of the Ministry of Digital Transformation from the State Service of Special Communications to focus on the protection of critical infrastructure.
The Ministry of Digital Transformation of Ukraine will continue to restore Internet and communication in the de-occupied territories, implement 5G, work on roaming with EU countries, simplify telecom business, book telecom employees and completely eliminate bureaucracy.
Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Digital Transformation Mykhailo Fedorov noted that his team has a clear plan and experience. Since the creation of the Ministry of Digital Transformation, telecom development has been one of its top priorities.
What has been done
In three years:
- Provided access to high-speed Internet to more than 1 million Ukrainians in 3.3 thousand villages through the Internet subvention;
- Handed over 42 thousand Starlinks to help critical infrastructure operate smoothly;
provided Wi-Fi to more than 7.5 thousand schools, hospitals, emergency services and social facilities;
- Helped to restore communication in the decoupled cities;
contributed to the launch of national roaming, which helped 1.5 million Ukrainians stay connected during power outages;
- Provided 3,000 educational institutions with Wi-Fi in shelters;
- Helped launch 4G coverage for more than 2.7 million Ukrainians in 8.3 thousand cities;
- Launched an initiative to reserve numbers for soldiers who were killed or went missing.
“Our goal is to provide high-quality communication and Internet to 95% of the country’s population. We have a lot of work ahead of us. I am grateful to the government for their trust,” said Fedorov.