158 thousand new subscribers connected to xPON networks

0
134
GPON

Ukrainian internet providers continue to switch to energy-efficient networks and prepare for possible outages caused by rocket attacks. The xPON network, which provides internet without power for up to 72 hours, has added 158,000 new subscribers.

This was reported by Vice Prime Minister for Innovation, Education, Science and Technology Development – Minister of Digital Transformation Mykhailo Fedorov:

“I advise every Ukrainian to take care of an energy-resistant Internet right now. This is the basis of your efficiency in winter.”

To do this, you need:

  • check with your own provider to see if they are ready to provide the Internet without power and for how many hours;
  • If you are not satisfied with the answer, find the nearest one and apply for a connection;
  • Provide the Wi-Fi router with uninterrupted power.

скільки годин користувачі зможуть залишатися онлайн удома в разі блекаутів

People are getting ready

Fedorov also conducted a poll on his Telegram channel to find out how many hours users would be able to stay online at home in the event of a blackout. At the time of writing, almost 10 thousand people had voted.

30% of those who took part in the voting have not yet prepared. However, the other 70% are already ready for blackouts. See the results above.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here