The Ministry of Digital Transformation, together with the Ukrainian Startup Fund and the Ukrainian Hub NGO, with the support of partners, invite Ukrainian startups and scaleups to compete for a chance to join the national delegation to Web Summit 2023 and present the country’s innovative potential on the international stage.
Almost 100,000 innovators and companies redefining the world’s tech industry will gather in Lisbon, the capital of Portugal, on November 13-16.
Web Summit is the world’s largest tech event that has been filling the Portuguese capital with an atmosphere of innovation, technology, and ideas for several years in a row. More than 160 countries and 1000 speakers, 2300 promising startups and more than 1000 most influential investors will come together to set IT trends for years to come. Web Summit events annually bring together partners with world-renowned names, including Google, AWS, Intel, EIC, Binance, Microsoft, and others.
Who will attend
The delegation organizers provide a ticket for one or two representatives from a startup, which includes participation in the Web Summit 2023 program and a stand, a pitch in the Ukrainian pavilion, as well as participation of selected teams in delegation activities, meetings with government officials, international accelerators, incubators, investment funds, and other technology organizations.
Travel expenses for the delegation members will not be covered.
The application deadline is August 25, 2023.
Ukrainian scaleups and startups are invited to participate in the selection process and must meet the following criteria.
Requirements for scaleups
- Have at least 10K MRR (Monthly Recurring Revenue).
- Have up to 250 employees.
- Be registered and operate in Ukraine, positioning itself as Ukrainian (this should be indicated on the website and on all public resources such as Crunchbase).
- Be prepared to cover the costs of travel to the conference venue and accommodation during the conference.
Requirements for startups
- Be at the Seed or Series A stage.
- Have traction, customers, and/or attracted investments.
- To be registered and operate in Ukraine, to position itself as Ukrainian (this should be indicated on the website and on all public resources such as Crunchbase).
- Be prepared to partially cover the cost of travel to the conference venue and accommodation during the conference.
Based on the results of the selection, 8 scalers and 16 startups will be part of the national Ukrainian delegation to Web Summit 2023, which will present their own developments and the entire Ukrainian tech sector.